Buddhist Education Services for Schools (QLD)
Who We Are
Buddhist Education Services for Schools (BESS) is a voluntary organization that provides non-denominational Buddhism Education to students in state schools.
We operate according to the legislation enacted by the Queensland Department of Education and Training with regards to Religious Instruction in schools program. Not only do we meet the guidelines under that legislation but also ensure that Buddhist education in primary schools is of the highest standard.
Together with the support of various Buddhist temples and organisations in Queensland, our vision is for students to gain a foundation in values and life skills acquired through the learning about the Buddha’s life and the key teachings.
What We Do
Our scope of work:
· Provide and authorize volunteer religious instructors to
schools where Buddhism RI is being taught.
· Recruitment of volunteer teachers from the various
· Assist with application or renewal of Blue Card issued by
the Public Safety Business Agency for volunteers
· Provide training and support to teachers with syllabus,
lessons plans as well as resources to ensure that there is a
consistent and uniform approach throughout the state.
· Liaise with schools by ensuring that all information is
correct and updated.
· Help parents with requests to have Buddhist RI offered in
the prospective schools.
· Liaise with teachers in assigning a school which is suitable
to the requirements of all parties.
Site powered by Weebly. Managed by Lunarpages